Is there life after AI?
I used to be a futurologist for the Institute of Digital Marketing and enjoyed speculating about what was coming down the pipeline for us marketing professionals. Most so called big ideas came and went as soon as the hype budget ran out of steam, but a few have come into reality and one looks like a game-changer. It seems to me that marketing is about to evolve more in the next few months than it has in the past 30 years and AI is the catalyst. Will I succumb to the shock and awe of AI, or will I be able to use to improve my professional productivity? I am worried about the future.
So I asked GPT a question: “How do we stop people worrying about the future?”
It’s answer took seconds and goes as follows:
It is not possible to completely stop people from worrying about the future, as it is a natural human tendency to anticipate potential risks and uncertainties. However, there are some strategies that can help individuals and communities to cope with future uncertainties and reduce excessive worry:
- Focus on what you can control: Encourage individuals to focus on the aspects of their life that they can control, such as their own behavior, attitude, and choices, and develop strategies to manage challenges and setbacks.
- Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness meditation and other mindfulness practices can help individuals to stay grounded in the present moment and reduce anxiety and stress about the future.
- Build resilience: Encourage individuals to develop resilience by cultivating positive coping skills, such as problem-solving, social support, self-care, and positive thinking.
- Seek professional help: For individuals who are struggling with excessive worry and anxiety, professional help from a mental health provider can be beneficial, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, medication, or other evidence-based treatments.
- Foster a sense of community: Building strong social connections and a sense of community can help individuals to feel more supported and connected, reducing anxiety and worry about the future.
Overall, it is important to acknowledge and validate people’s concerns about the future while also providing practical strategies and resources to help them cope with uncertainties and build resilience.
That encouraged me to ask the next question:
How do I stop losing clients to AI? The answer came back in 30 seconds:
As AI and automation continue to reshape the business landscape, it’s important for companies to adapt and evolve to stay competitive and retain their clients. Here are some strategies to consider:
- Focus on building strong relationships: While AI can offer certain advantages, such as speed and efficiency, it cannot replace the value of human relationships and personalized service. Focus on building strong relationships with your clients, providing them with attentive and responsive service, and demonstrating your expertise and commitment to their success.
- Embrace AI as a tool: Rather than seeing AI as a threat, embrace it as a tool to enhance your services and capabilities. Identify areas where AI can add value, such as data analysis, automation, or customer service, and integrate it into your operations in a way that complements and enhances your human touch.
- Offer specialized services: One way to differentiate yourself from AI-powered competitors is to offer specialized services that require human expertise, such as consulting, coaching, or creative services. Focus on providing high-value services that require deep knowledge, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Stay innovative: Stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in your industry, and be willing to adapt and innovate in response to changing customer needs and preferences. Invest in new technologies, processes, and talent to stay competitive and offer the best possible service to your clients.
- Communicate your value proposition: Be clear and compelling about the value you provide to your clients, and communicate it effectively through your marketing, sales, and client communication. Demonstrate your expertise, experience, and results, and differentiate yourself from AI-powered competitors by emphasizing your human touch and personalized service.
Overall, by focusing on building strong relationships, embracing AI as a tool, offering specialized services, staying innovative, and communicating your value proposition, you can position yourself to retain your clients and succeed in the evolving business landscape.
So I made this to reassure myself that there is life after AI:
So then I asked, What value is a human copywriter?
This is the response:
A human copywriter can bring significant value to businesses and organizations. Here are some reasons why:
- Creativity: A human copywriter can come up with unique and creative ideas that can help businesses stand out in a crowded market.
- Persuasion: Copywriting is all about persuasion. A human copywriter can write compelling copy that can convince potential customers to take action, such as making a purchase or signing up for a service.
- Audience Understanding: A good copywriter understands the audience they are writing for and can tailor their messaging to resonate with that audience.
- Emotional Connection: A human copywriter can write in a way that connects with people on an emotional level, building trust and rapport.
- Brand Voice: A skilled copywriter can capture the essence of a brand’s personality and voice, ensuring that all written communication aligns with the brand’s values and goals.
While technology has advanced significantly in recent years, there are still certain nuances and subtleties that only a human can bring to the table. Therefore, a human copywriter can be a valuable asset to any organization that wants to communicate effectively with its target audience.
Too right… and then I thought…